1.Venice
First, I was in Venice in 2005. This trip was organized by my school. Unfortunately, we went there before the Carnival. The city was amazing, but strange a bit for me. I can't imagine that after leaving my house I have to go across a bridge to be on the other side of the street. Everywhere I looked; there were bridges, gondolas, crowded streets and lot of people. Our group spent 1 day in Venice, but I have to say that it was enough... we had a quite bad day there, because it was raining and the wind was blowing all day. We got soaked and I felt the rain on my skin (though I had a winter coat). Everyone wanted to be on the bus, but it was quite far away. The wind damaged our umbrellas, so we had nothing to do with the bad weather, just waiting for the ferry, which took us back to the bus.
When I think of Venice, I have both good and bad memories. :) Unfortunately, we weren't so lucky, but maybe I'll go there in summer, when the weather is good.
2. Region of Campania
I spent 1 week in the region of Campania. This was also organized by my school, like the Venice trip. I was living at a correspondent family in Eboli during the week. In my opinion, it was quite useful, because I had to speak in English almost all day. The Italian school, which invited us, organized plenty of programs for the Hungarians. We visited the city of Amalfi, Salerno, Sorrento and Napoli, the capital of this region. Each was very beautiful, but the Mount Vesuvius had the biggest impression on me. I've never seen volcano before... we have to climb this volcano, and it was really tiring :) But I didn't care. Some expert say it's inactive, but some say it's still active. I don't know which is true, but I'm glad that it didn't erupt when we stood near the crater. On the last day, we went to Pompeii to visit the ruins of this city. Besides the sights, we had a great time with our Italian friends. Fortunately, I and my schoolmates met every evening, so we can talk in Hungarian, too. :)
One week was too short... If I have chance, I will go back to Eboli and to the other cities.
3. Sicily
The best day was Friday, when we went to Favignana. There, we were bathing in the sea and then we cycled around this little island.
One day I ate seafood, but I didn't like it very much... it won't be my favourite food. :)
That week was really wonderful. I'll always remember it! :)
1 comment:
Oh. That's fantastic. not the rainy part of course. Italy itself is fantastic. I haven't been to Italy yet, but I really love to. I've read a book about Italy, Toscana actually, and it made me think that I have to go there.
Post a Comment