I've chosen a song -Resta in ascolto- by Laura Pausini. It's a great song by a great singer. Laura Pausini is very famous in some European countries, such as Spain, France, but of course mainly in Italy. I hadn't heard anything about her before I went to Italy. When I was there, my Italian friends and I always heard Laura's hits.
One of my favourite songs is Resta in ascolto. Unfortunately, I don't speak Italian, so I can't translate exactly the lyrics of this song. Although, thanks to my Italian friends, more or less I know what it is about. Laura wrote this song to her ex-boyfriend after their break up. Actually, it's a love song, but the emphasis is not on this. It's not a typical boring "I love you and miss you" song. I like it because of the sound effects; the beginning and the end are slow, but in the chorus Laura sings louder, which represents her feelings, such as pain and disappointment. When I listen to Resta in ascolto, I always feel I'm in Italy. I can't explain why, but I like this country and Italian music very much. Is there a connection between my enthusiasm towards Italy and my enthusiasm towards Italian songs? I think there is. I like Italy since I've been there... maybe I'll write about my experiences about it next time.
I hope I made you interested in this song. You can listen it on YouTube, and other songs by Pausini. This is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHUgrKWetM
Enjoy the song! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I listened to your song, it is not able to impress me but I liked the clip.Although I don't speak Italian either, the clip was a good interpreter, and also the shackles metaphore, imitating partnerships was a very original idea!
Post a Comment